Chapter 4: Not yet...


Zayn’s POV

Niall came to my house because he needed to talk, but what he doesn’t know is that I also need to talk, but he needs support, so I’m not going to tell him anything, not today. He came really worried few hours ago. I saw tears in his eyes, tears about to fall, but when he saw me he smiled at me, as he always does. I hugged him inmediately, and I made him to go to the sofa.

We've been talking for a lot of time. We've been talking about him, about what he feels, about what he's been feeling lately. Now, he is asleep on my sofa, but I’m not going to wake him up. He needs to sleep, because at last he wasn’t sad. He was just confused.

I go upstairs after covering Niall with a blanket. I stay looking at him for a while, because he is smiling, not with his fake smile but with his best smile. That smile he has when he is really happy.

At last I arrive to my room, and I lie in my bed. I take my phone and I call Agita. We’re not dating. Not yet. I always think that, but we’re really good friends, and when I can’t sleep I always call her. She is my best friend, even if I'd love to be something more. I don't know since when, but I think I'm in love. I can't even explain how I feel every time I see her perfect smile, her beautiful eyes...

Agita doesn't take the call, so I guess she's asleep. Damn. I don't want her to be asleep. I want to hear her voice, that's the only thing that would make me smile right now. I try calling her again, but I suppose she muted her for phone because she knows that I always call her.

I feel really selfish now, I shouldn't call her when I know she's sleeping, but even if I know that I want to wake her up. But she knows me, and that's why she muted her phone. She must be really tired to do that, so I'm not going to try again.

I take the blankets and I cover myself with them. I lie for hours looking through the window because I can't sleep. I can't see the stars from here, but I see the moon, shining in the middle of the black sky. I imagine Agita by my side, smiling at me with her beautiful smile. Her eyes looking at me while I approach her. I smile once more and at last my lips are so near hers. I feel her breath on my lips...

I wake up in the morning because of the sunlight. I remember that dream with her because I wake up with a smile on my lips, and the best feeling in my heart; and I can't help but thinking that I have to tell her what I feel, I really have to do something; but not yet.

I put my clothes on, and I go downstairs. I find Niall on the sofa, still sleep. Since Vivi and he left is the first time I see Niall sleeping quietly; he is not smiling, but I see that he is about to smile. The best feeling is to see that your friend is getting better, and that's what I see when I look at the sleepy Niall; because even if he isn't smiling, he hasn't tears falling down his cheeks.

I'm already in the kitchen when I hear my phone, which is in my room. As I think Agita is calling me, I go upstairs running, that fast that I almost fall on the stars. I finally arrive to my room and I take my phone and I answer the call “Hello love” I say, because I think is Agita. “Hello?” I hear someone else saying. I feel embarrassed while Liam says “Zayn, since when we don't talk? We should”. I laugh, because I didn't tell anyone what I feel about Agita, but I don't know if I should. “Vas happein' Liam?” I ask him trying to change the topic. “I was wondering how's Niall” he says, and I tell him everything we talked about last night Niall and I. We talked about that at last he understood that he doesn't have to look for anyone, he knows that his perfect girl will come, he only has to wait.

At last good news” he says. It would be a good answer, but I see he is not saying all the true, or maybe yes. I just see that what he is saying has something more... “Liam, what happened” I ask him worried. I only hear silence since he says with a broken voice “Lately I haven't been good enough for Chloe”. I didn't expect that, they look really in love when I see them. Every time caressing, kissing, holding hands... I have to confess that I've been jealous of their relationship, I just can't believe what Liam is saying.

Zayn...?” Liam asks, because I've been in silence for a while, thinking. “What? Oh, yeah...” I stop. I look around; I don't know what for, maybe trying to find the words to say on the walls. I take a deep breath and start saying “Liam, Chloe left you?” I ask. I can't believe it. “No. No. But that's what I think” he answers.

I talk to him for an hour, trying to convince him that he is a good boyfriend. What he think is that he has been caring for Niall too much... I tell him what I think. “Chloe also loves Niall. We all love Niall. And what he needs now is our support. I bet Chloe understands that; and if she doesn't...” I don't finish the sentence, I don't want to finish it, but if she doesn't... She wouldn't be a good girlfriend for Liam

1 comment:

  1. I love this chapter so much!! I think you're a really good writer!! Keep writing for us! :)

    ReplyDelete